Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Felix the Cat Grooves with Hello Kitty Tiffany Noonan


Once
I bought
the Nile by
tiltin my head
sold it for
a coat of rainbows.
Newsprint
never revealed its
color.
How could it?
Trans-Lux
& Kinescope
didn't
geddit right &
they
had
television.
My tail knows
86 languages
more than
any old Poindexter.
See even now
it writes Egyptian
spells out
"I was worshipped
once
&
never forgot."
The rest
my Bag of Tricks
knows.
We get
ours at night.
That's why
we prowl
rule the alleys
smoke & jive
like Krazy Kat
argue
like Hobbes
groove
like Garfield &
now Nermal
that cat
he reminds me
of you
Hey-Hey Baby-Cat.
Yeah I know
that's
not your name
but
I been around
long-long-
longer
than you
so
if you want
a swell feed just
foller me
& don't
give me That
Face.
Innocence won't
catch
you fish.
Take off
that pink
bow
let your
black hair
down
open your
tiny mouth and
sing the blues.