Tuesday, July 05, 2005

3 Poems Timothy David Orme


Poems.

Sir
these songs are fruits
Bee and nature
invention
Rhymes
Or Elixar

some be
Loth to believe one Woman
But think two or three.
the example the name
and in some recompence
these Hymns

Ly Son

1.
at my hands
in low melancholy
Ancient of days
But not
my muses sincerity
give me
A flower
The ends our ends
zealous
heart and voice

2.
Loe yields to lie
he there
Taken from flesh
by spheares
in his mind
conceived art
in darke in little room
cloystered

3.
his welbeloved
world
stall
Starres and wisemen
Soul
Which all yet none
would have need
Kisse him
kinde mother

4.
blowing out those sparks
loe
It suddenly speaks
A shallow
manhood
mellowed
With the Sun
in his morning

5.
what weak
affections
Measuring infinity a span
an inch
yet by and by
more
art lifted

6.
Too stony hard
starved
abled
bring
thy little booke my name
in that
glorified

7.
the uprising Sun
purely washed
clouds upon
Bright Torch
thy own
Spirit my Muse
at my hands


Vine Edit

I.
my pleasures like
my eyes
cast
in
art when
I look again
sustaine
my wing
like iron

II.
as by many titles
self
decayed
bought
selfe
Image
Spirit
fight
I despair
loth to lose me

III.
sighes and teares
breast and eyes
fruit I have
mine Idol showres of rain
drankard
self proud
(poore)
the effect and cause

IV.
Oh my art summoned
like a pilgrim
fled
with blushing
red, red

V.
cunning
Elements
parts, and (oh) parts
beyond which
I might
Drown with
zeal

VI.
This is my play
my minutes
and space
in the earth

VII.
At the corners
infinities
sleep a space

VIII.
wide mouth
circumstance
Conjures
On name
in my breast

IX.
mineralls
threw us
reason
equal
stern
make a memory
remember them
if thou wilt forget

X.
rest and sleep
much pleasure
rest of bones
desperate men
can make us sleep as well

XI.
an inglorious man
let me admire
intent

XII.
the prodigal elements
bore so sillily
weaker and worse
timorous

XIII.
quench the amasing
tongue adjudge
my profane
Beauty
A sign of rigour:
This beauteous form

XV.
this meditation
which by search find
His stolen stuff
was made

XVI.
double interest
This
abridgement

XVII.
I have found thee
thirsty drop
I allow

XVIII.
the other shore
painted or robed
like knights
A mild dove
pleasing
When she is embraced

XIX.
I would not
change
to day
Tomorrow
Like a fantastique Ague
Those are my days

the picture would
fly
Frome mee
Who can blot out the instrument